Monday, July 21, 2008

Rome has been good to us...

Saturday we went to the Colosseum and it was really spectacular. I sat there for a few hours with my ipod on and stared in awe while I sketched and painted. Earlier in the week we ran into Olga Macaluso when we shorted out the power in Silvio's Apartment. Olga is also a successful painter and theatre performer like Silvio, her website is: http://www.olgamacaluso.com

With Marsha translating at her side, she took us out to the nicest dinner all four of us have had this entire trip. We had an amazing feast and even though she did not speak english she made a wonderful effort to try to get to know us through translation. Afterwards we went back to Silvio's and she looked at our paintings and drawings. She gave us some wonderful and strange feedback. I am really excited that we have made these wonderful connections and i hope to return to Europe and study with these talented artists.

Yesterday Trina, Travis, and I went to the Modern Art Museum in Villa Borghese and it was amazing! I wrote down to many artists to try to compress to this small paragraph. It was worth my 9 euro and i spent all day there.

Today we are off to see the Academy here in Rome as well as some other galleries. We might go to Pantheon, then tomorrow we head back to Florence to catch our flights back to the real world!

I am ready to go home and take care of my visa for China, then i am off to Mexico for a week or so...

CIAO

1 comment:

Travis Ott-Conn said...

Hey buddy! I didn't read your blog before we got back, but its good that someone had the where with all to write some of the crazy stuff we did down! I can tell i'm gonna get sick of repeating myself to everyone so maybe i'll just refer them to you website. Hook me up with some pictures soon homie!
Peace,
Travis